http://hatchfest.com/ In all her infinite wisdom...: Buying a House.

In all her infinite wisdom...

A Native Montanan's view on feminisim, politics and life in Montana.

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Buying a House.

We are buying a house. We are ready to be home owners or maybe it would be more accurate to say that, in this area, we are ready to be owned by a home.
Most weekends are spent combing the newspaper and real estate sites and scheduling viewing's Oh joy. At first I thought this would be fun but I am pretty much over it now.
We found a great place and were beat out on the counter offer. That stunk. We found another one that is about 20K more than we intended to spend. Are we having fun yet?
I am looking forward to making one of these houses our home. It will be worth it in the long run. I will be so glad when we are not in a situation to get advice. Enough already, we have heard every opinion on real estate and loans that I can possibly swallow. This means anything else just might not stay down. :-)

7 Comments:

At 10:02 PM, Blogger Patia said...

I'd enjoy hearing about the process ... I'm hoping to buy later this year. Still getting educated.

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger Shane C. Mason said...

I too am hoping to buy later this year. Anyone loan me the down payment?

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger Heartland1 said...

This is directly related to your post, but I thought I'd pass along the blog address of a friend who writes a feminist blog in New York. Anyway, you might enjoy it:
http://lorraine-berry.blogspot.com/

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger Heartland1 said...

Excuse me--I meant to say "is not directly"...

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger Montana Fem said...

Patia-Please feel free to ask questions, I am not sure what other information will be helpful but I will sure give you my impressions as a buyer.

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger Montana Fem said...

Shane-
Talk to your lender about 100% financing but only if it is a fixed rate mortgage.
Your monthly payment may not even be affected by the typical 3% down but of course any investment dollar wise is always the way to go. Now all you have to do is get the seller to pay closing!

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger Montana Fem said...

Heartland-
I will check it out! Thank you so much for the link.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home