http://hatchfest.com/ In all her infinite wisdom...: Bobby Kennedy Jr. in Oprah Magazine

In all her infinite wisdom...

A Native Montanan's view on feminisim, politics and life in Montana.

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Bobby Kennedy Jr. in Oprah Magazine

I was yet again at the Dr.'s office when I picked up a copy of Oprah Magazine. I noticed on the cover that there was an interview with Bobby Kennedy Jr. After reading it I asked the receptionist to photocopy it so that I could share it on my blog. The part that got my attention the most is as below:

"When I was a boy, my father took me to Europe-Greece, Czechoslovakia, Poland, Italy, Germany, England, France. Everywhere we went, we were met by huge crowds, sometimes hundreds of thousands of people who came out because they loved our country. They were starved for our leadership. They looked to us for moral authority. They proudly named their streets after our presidents. And I remember after 9/11, the headline in the French newspaper lea Monet was WE ARE ALL AMERICANS. For two weeks after 9/11, there were spontaneous candlelight vidils in Tehran, initiated by Muslims who loved our country. It took more than 200 years of disciplined, visioniary leadership by Republican and Democratic presidents to build these huge reservoirs of public love. We were the most beloved nation on the face of the earth. And today-in six short years, through monumental incompetence and arrogance, this White House has absolutley drained that reservoir dry. America has become the most hated nation on earth. There are five billion people who either fear or just don't know what to think about the US. For me that's the most bitter pill to swallow.

You can read the rest of this interview in the January 2007 edition of Oprah Magazine. It is by far the most eloquently worded analysis of what this administrations legacy will have cost our country.

3 Comments:

At 1:27 PM, Blogger Randy said...

Here is the audio of the interview you posted on.

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger Montana Fem said...

Thank you Randy!

 
At 5:34 PM, Blogger Montana Fem said...

Sad but true.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home