http://hatchfest.com/ In all her infinite wisdom...: What it is to be 33 me.

In all her infinite wisdom...

A Native Montanan's view on feminisim, politics and life in Montana.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

What it is to be 33 me.

I am somewhat sorry to see the end of this year approaching. It has not been the greatest year, I have had my trials and tribulations as life goes but I really like being 33. Wow, my best friend will be 34 on the 31st of this month. I am always sympathetic to her when she worries about aging. I am always somewhat relieved that every year she goes first.
Wow, my friends have babies now. Not that I want any but it is freaky, I still feel like the high school kid I was. This really is a great time in one's life. By now I have shaken all of the insecurities that come in one's 20's and I just like the roundness of the # 33 I guess. It will be July when I turn but this year has been really good to me. I feel more confident at work. I got my promotion, hell, I even got a raise. I feel confident in my relationship which is a feat in itself. Who would have known I would be such a late bloomer. I have to thank Troutburst, he told me to take a chance on the boy, they were room mates at the time, and I did. I hate having to thank him but he is a good friend.
My New Years resolution last year was to get more organized, which, I think I did pretty well on. One could always be more organized. This year, to get a fricking house no matter what the house payment is per month. I am over renting.
33 what a great age. Never thought I would like my 30's but why not, you have only yourself to blame if you screw up. When it works you feel really good. So, 2007 approaches. The first of the year is my 3 year anniversary with the boy. I plan on doing something really nice for him. Maybe a sleigh ride in Big Sky. Something romantic.
I know it is a generic thing to say but I truly wish everyone a great New Year. Just think, a clean slate. Think of all of the possibilities. Maybe I will even get something written in Net roots. I will be glad to see the Christmas season end, I will be happy to enter into a New Year. I will be 33 for a while longer and I intend to enjoy it.
To one and to all, Happy New Year.

2 Comments:

At 3:25 PM, Blogger Troutburst said...

are you sure about that? I seem to remember saying something along the lines like... "what? don't you dare steal my fishing partner!"

 
At 12:37 AM, Blogger Shane C. Mason said...

Heh, 33 came and went for me this year. I turned 34 last month, but it doesn't feel that different to me. My wife on the other hand informed me that I could no longer say I was in my "early 30's". I said no, early 30's go from 30 to 35 and the late 30's go from 35 to 39.

She said nope, it works like this:

30-33 Early 30s
34-36 Mid 30s
37-39 Late 30s

I sort of like her scheme, it means that I don't have to be late 30's until I am 37. No matter, she is always right...

Anyway, happy new year to you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home