http://hatchfest.com/ In all her infinite wisdom...: Hunting Widow Rejoices.

In all her infinite wisdom...

A Native Montanan's view on feminisim, politics and life in Montana.

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Hunting Widow Rejoices.

The boy has left me at least one day a weekend for the past several to take his best friend hunting. Of course, I send him off, with a "be careful and wear your orange" and then I go back to bed. If I wake up by 8 a.m. I let myself read in bed for as long as I want. Finally up, I grab the dog and go for a walk. I then think about all of the housework that needs to be done and errands that need to be run and... I grab my book and a blanket and head for the couch. Yesterday I even had a bag of popcorn for lunch.
The season has ended and so have my days of excess. The boy and I got up, walked the dog, went grocery shopping and then to a matinee. "For Your Consideration" was the flick of choice today. A pretty funny romp. We had the whole theatre to ourselves until a lady came in but we enjoyed hearing her laugh at it as much as we did. God I love those films. So really my day was not too tough. I did have dishes to do when I got home so there was that.
Gotta put up the Christmas tree now, it is only a 3 footer. We have practically drawn out a schematic of where it should go to keep our 6 month old calico cat, Sabine, off of it. Right now she has found a handled bag with unwrapped Christmas presents in it and she is tearing it to pieces, just like everything else not tied down. I never have the heart to make her stop because she is obviously having such a ball. It is really noisy in here now and so I had better get going.
Peace to all this Holiday Season. Hope all the hunters got their game. Alas the boy and his friend did not but I sure enjoyed my books.

1 Comments:

At 10:56 PM, Blogger Shane C. Mason said...

Popcorn for lunch? What a darn fine idea!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home