http://hatchfest.com/ In all her infinite wisdom...: Hit Mute.

In all her infinite wisdom...

A Native Montanan's view on feminisim, politics and life in Montana.

Friday, November 03, 2006

Hit Mute.

Notably I have been less prolific as the campaigns come to their closing. My thoughts are manifested internally and do not make good writing.
There is something I do want to share though that has transpired purely as a fight or flight mechanism. The irritation I feel at watching t.v., with the slanderous campaign commercials, has lead me to a button on my remote control that I find very satisfying;the mute button. I have watched all candidates, not just the right wingers, smile fakely, hold babies, talk to the people around them with over exaggerated hand gestures and the like. It's really sick. Once in a while I can talk the boy into ad libbing over them saying such outrageous things as, "I always smile like this when you are touching my testicles." Try it. It is really pretty fun.
So here comes Tuesday. I can't wait to vote. Can't wait to get it all on paper. I would like to be awake when the polls come in but I probably won't be. At least I will not be wearing out my mute button that night as I flip through the stations.
Go Tester. Now shut the hell up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home