http://hatchfest.com/ In all her infinite wisdom...: Letter #2 from our friend Denny Rehberg.

In all her infinite wisdom...

A Native Montanan's view on feminisim, politics and life in Montana.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Letter #2 from our friend Denny Rehberg.

Thank you for contacting me regarding your views on Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFÉ) standards. It is good to hear from you. I am pleased to report that on August 1, 2001, I joined with 268 of my colleagues to reject an amendment to the energy bill that would have placed automobile fuel economy standards on SUV's and other light trucks. I am concerned with arbitrary increases in CAFÉ standards and find that they would be counterproductive. It has become evident over the past decade that Americans prefer to purchase larger sports utility vehicles (SUV's) rather than purchasing more fuel-efficient compact cars. Consumers should be free to buy vehicles that meet their family needs in terms of affordability, passenger room, payload capacity, increased safety features and utility. Automakers offer more than 50 models with fuel economy ratings above 30 miles per gallon, but American consumers have not shown an overwhelming desire to purchase these types of vehicles. I was proud to reject arbitrary increases in CAFÉ standards last fall and will maintain this view when considering the Energy Bill Conference Report this fall. Again, thank you for contacting me on this important energy issue. For more information and to sign up for my e-newsletter, please visit my website at http://www.house.gov/rehberg. Keep in touch.


This speaks for itself.

2 Comments:

At 6:56 PM, Blogger granny said...

So Denny is for low mileage standards?

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger Montana Fem said...

Looks that way. I am working on a letter to the editor at the Bozeman Daily Chronicle.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home