http://hatchfest.com/ In all her infinite wisdom...: Volunteer Locally

In all her infinite wisdom...

A Native Montanan's view on feminisim, politics and life in Montana.

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Volunteer Locally

I get a lot of e mails from the major Environmental Movement and though I read them and always contact my Senators and Representatives over issues that I am concerned about I do not subsribe to any memberships. I worked for an Environmental Group and I saw what membership monies were applied to. Instead I prefer to volunteer because I know that my man hours are actually contributing to something more than the Prez's children's college fund. Besides lets talk about Non profit status. I would love to be a Non profit, the grants and funds available are mind boggling. If they are smart and care about the issues they will find a way to get the money from those people who, because they have caverns of cash overflow, need the tax write off.
I know of many local organizations that are involved in some really worthwhile projects. My particular favorite is Hopa Mountain. Check out their website. Let me know about your favorite local Non profits.

3 Comments:

At 6:56 AM, Blogger Troutburst said...

I'm quite impressed by Reach, INC. I know you are familiar with them. Jes and I did the Trek to the Big Sky fundraiser for them yesterday. She used to work at the front desk for them, and what they do is very commendable.

 
At 7:53 AM, Blogger Montana Fem said...

Very cool. Hope you had fun.

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger Montana Fem said...

Nice, that is a worthwhile cause.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home